Tumblr Page

Popular Posts

Minions

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
        Alright, So for our first book review I will be looking at Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I would like for the record to state that I am only a sophomore in college and am by no means an authority on literature past the point that I love it (literature). Also I have not studied this book in any detail so it will for the most part be my initial reactions to the books that I will be reviewing. 
         I will be looking at Pride and Prejudice ( from this point on P&P) for two main reasons. One because I am reading it for English class, and two because a good friend of mine (Merlin) has expressed interest in me giving her notes (which I have to many to put on Twitter). 
         So first things first, Chapter one.

* The first Characters we are introduced to are Mr. and Mrs. Bennet. Very quickly we can see that Mrs. Bennet is crazy and annoying and that her husband takes great pleasure in either ignoring her nicely or messing with her for the joy of seeing her freak out. They have a typical old-married-couple relationship that is usually pretty funny. 
    Then we are introduced a little to Mr. Bingley. The first thing we know about him is that he is rich and that he is single. This obviously means that he has to marry someone and why not one of the Bennet's FIVE daughters (poor Mr. Bennet). 
      There is an allusion to some other characters but nothing really telling except for the first instances of Mrs. Bennet's love of Jane (the pretty daughter) and Mr. Bennet's love of Lizzy (the smart/proud one). 

^The main plot of this chapter is simply that Mrs. B. thinks that Mr. B. should prance over to young, rich, single Mr. Bingley and introduce himself and his family, full of FIVE daughters. Mr. B. laughs and says no, but what he is thinking is "Muahahahah Muahahahah, this time I will make her so angry her head will spin!" since he has already decided to go. 


~Honestly the first few chapters are dry and slightly confusing. As you get into the next couple of chapters all of the Mr.'s and Miss's get jumbled and it can sometimes be hard to figure out who is talking and who is offended.


That's it for the first chapter, I may lump the next couple together to make this go faster, also I have to catch up since I am on chapter 27 and must catch this up to where I am currently reading. 


If you are new, because if you aren't Merlin you are, you can follow me on Twitter for notifications as to when these will get posted. Hopefully in the future they will get more scheduled and less hmm, NOW. But for now just keep an eye on the Tweeters. @KauruRoss 

0 comments: